Senior Software Engineer
• Research & Development,
Wingfield, South Australia 5013, • Full-time
As a primary partner for Defence, space and commercial organisations looking to protect people, places, and assets, Silentium Defence provides critical, passive surveillance capability that enables them to ‘see without being seen’.
A world-leader in disruptive passive radar technology, we work with all three Australian services, Army, Navy, and Air Force, as well as international allied partners and global companies to provide this undeniable advantage.
We are on a mission to provide situational awareness, anytime, anywhere to protect what matters. To achieve that mission, Silentium Defence is seeking motivated and talented Senior Software Engineer to join our diverse and passionate team of engineering professionals in Adelaide.
If you are ready to level up your career, create meaningful impact and deliver as a team, this role is for you.
Reporting to our Software Lead, you will work with some of the industry's leading minds to deliver world-first surveillance technology for our defence, space, and critical infrastructure clients.
Your primary responsibility is to take a leading role in driving project success by actively participating in high-level project discussions, developing design documentation, providing accurate estimates of project work, and supervising junior engineers. You will also play a lead role in ensuring the quality and reliability of Silentium Defence’s software in accordance with best practice software development standards.
Key responsibilities include:
• Ensuring the success of projects by identifying project requirements
• Decomposing requirements into epics and tasks, accurately estimating the effort required, and monitoring their progress
• Participating in daily stand-ups, fortnightly planning, and project meetings
• Developing and documenting high-level software designs in accordance with business needs and project requirements
• Ensuring the quality and reliability of the software they are responsible for via strict change control, code reviews and regression testing against known baselines
• Implementing features, making bug fixes, and performing other development tasks where required
• Mentoring junior software engineers, tasking them appropriately as per project needs and their skill-level, and reviewing their work
• Successfully manage small projects
What you need:
• Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or another relevant technical subject
• Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience
• Australian Citizen
• Eligibility to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance.
Skills and qualifications we are looking for:
• Experience with all aspects of the software development lifecycle (needs analysis, requirements, design, implementation, testing, support)
• Knowledge of software engineering principles and best practices
• Experience communicating with stakeholders to collect requirements
• Experience managing junior engineers
• Defence industry experience is desirable but not essential
Silentium Defence is a growing deep-tech business shaping the future of Australia’s ground and space surveillance capability. We specialise in the development of passive radar solutions for Defence and civilian customers. But what are passive radar solutions, you ask?
Passive radar uses pre-existing sources of radio frequency energy (such as broadcast TV and radio waves), to track objects in an environment. It provides similar information to traditional radar systems but does not emit any RF signals. This means the user can maintain their situational awareness without advertising their presence. In essence, to ‘see without being seen’.
Our technology is a game changer and we’re on a mission to create a new era in surveillance. We have a highly skilled, high-performing collaborative team and are looking for people as passionate as we are to grow our business and make impact on a global scale. What drives us every day is knowing we’re a small part of a bigger picture to protect our incredible country and its critical infrastructure assets for many generations to come.
What we offer?
• Being a part of the development of world-leading technology and products
• Competitive salary package
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Team building events and monthly BBQs
• Comprehensive Training and Development Programme including technical, commercial, management and leadership training experiences
• Parental leave
• Birthday leave
• Flexibility to focus on career, family, and lifestyle
We are scaling up fast and need the “cream of the crop” to further develop our products and services.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career with impact that’s out of this world, access your next mission now by clicking the “Apply” button below or contact us at email@example.com
In-house • Permanent • Full-time • Associate
Silentium Defence is a growing deep tech business shaping the future of Australia’s ground and space surveillance capability. We specialise in the development of passive radar solutions for Defence and civilian customers. Our technology is a game changer for Defence and we’re on a mission to create a new era in surveillance. We have a highly skilled, high-performing collaborative team and are looking for people as passionate as we are to grow our business and make impact on a global scale. What drives us every day is knowing we’re a part of a bigger picture to protect our incredible country and its critical infrastructure assets for many generations to come.