Adelaide, South Australia 5000, • Full-time
About the role
We’re looking for a Full-time, permanent Electrical/Electronics Engineer to join the Silentium Defence team.
The Electrical/Electronics Engineer provides technical expertise in the design, development, testing, integration and maintenance of Silentium’s electronics sub-systems that are in the product, prototypes and supporting infrastructure.
This role is critical in ensuring that Silentium’s passive radar systems are delivered according to customers’ requirements and timelines while maintaining a high-quality standard. In the short term the Electrical/Electronic Engineer will be working closely with our sub-contractor to assist in a smooth and timely delivery of the electronics sub-systems that are critical for an upcoming customer delivery. This role will ensure designs are appropriate and functional as well as with Silentium’s Test Engineer to maintain product quality assurance.
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate is highly analytical, has experience writing technical specifications and test reports, is an expert in system evaluations and confident in recommending modifications to improve technical performance. They will have a history in taking design concepts, product specification and embedded software specification and convert them to actual electronic/computer system designs.
A deeper dive into what you’ll be doing
Delivering new electronics sub-systems for inclusion in products, prototypes and supporting infrastructure through:
- Design and development of bespoke sub-systems that incorporate industry standards, previous lessons learnt and innovative ideas
- Supporting the manufacture of electronic sub-systems
- Documenting and executing the verification and validation of sub-systems, including where applicable the development of test jigs to support this work
- Integrating sub-systems together with other hardware and software, and supporting system level verification, validation and fault finding
Supporting delivery of electronics sub-systems from sub-contractors through:
- Assisting with the development and documentation of sub-system requirements
- Reviewing sub-contractor designs to ensure functionally correct and providing advice on potential improvements
- Assisting with the initial testing and fault finding of new designs
- Providing technical expertise and guidance throughout the contract
- Actively working to ensure sub-contractor(s) maintain quality assurance
Supporting manufacture and sustainment of Silentium’s electronics sub-systems through:
- Development of test jigs and other infrastructure for streamlining the manufacture and testings of sub-systems
- Providing technical expertise in support of troubleshooting and repairing faulty sub-systems
- Suggesting design improvements that improve manufacturability and reliability
Working effectively and collaboratively as an active member of the wider Silentium Defence team.
What you need
- Australian citizen (ability to obtain a NV1 security clearance)
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, or related discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in electrical / electronic systems development
- Previous experience with electronic product design lifecycle, from concept through to architecture, specification, library management, schematics, PCB design, layout, DRC, release management, PCB manufacturing and test strategies
- Experience with EMC design techniques, experience with RF design and radar system is desirable
- Hands-on experience with electronic testing using oscilloscope, logic analyser, signal generator, spectrum analyser
- Familiar with Altium PCB software or similar CAD tools, advanced Altium Designer skills are desirable
- Knowledge of analogue and high speed digital electronic design
- Experience with FPGA, ADC/DAC, USB 2.0-3.0, Ethernet, I2C, SPI, SD, EMMC, DDR3/DDR4, PCI-Express, etc.
- Self-motivated and be able to solve technical problems independently
What we offer?
- Wellness sessions
- Monthly team BBQs
- Team building events
- End of year social events
- Training and Development Programme
- Management and leadership training
- First Aid and CPR training
- Parental leave
Silentium Defence is a growing deep tech business shaping the future of Australia’s ground and space surveillance capability. We specialise in the development of passive radar solutions for Defence and civilian customers. But what are passive radar solutions, you ask?
Passive radar uses pre-existing sources of radio frequency energy (such as broadcast TV and radio waves), to track objects in an environment. It provides similar information to traditional radar systems but does not emit any RF signals. This means the user can maintain their situational awareness without advertising their presence. In essence, to ‘see without being seen’.
Our technology is a game changer for Defence and we’re on a mission to create a new era in surveillance. We have a highly skilled, high-performing collaborative team and are looking for people as passionate as we are to grow our business and make impact on a global scale. What drives us every day is knowing we’re a small part of a bigger picture to protect our incredible country and its critical infrastructure assets for many generations to come.
In-house • Permanent • Full-time • Associate
Silentium Defence is a growing deep tech business shaping the future of Australia’s ground and space surveillance capability. We specialise in the development of passive radar solutions for Defence and civilian customers. Our technology is a game changer for Defence and we’re on a mission to create a new era in surveillance. We have a highly skilled, high-performing collaborative team and are looking for people as passionate as we are to grow our business and make impact on a global scale. What drives us every day is knowing we’re a part of a bigger picture to protect our incredible country and its critical infrastructure assets for many generations to come.