Radio Frequency Engineer
• Research & Development,
Wingfield, South Australia 5013, • Full-time
As a primary partner for Defence, space and commercial organisations looking to protect people, places, and assets, Silentium Defence provides critical, passive surveillance capability that enables them to ‘see without being seen’.
A world-leader in disruptive passive radar technology, we work with all three Australian services, Army, Navy, and Air Force, as well as international allied partners and global companies to provide this undeniable advantage.
We are on a mission to provide situational awareness, anytime, anywhere to protect what matters. To achieve that mission, Silentium Defence is seeking motivated and talented RF Engineer to join our diverse and passionate team of engineering professionals in Adelaide.
If you are ready to level up your career, create meaningful impact and deliver as a team, this role is for you.
Reporting to the Hardware Team Lead, you will work with some of the industry's leading minds to deliver world-first surveillance technology for our defence, space, and critical infrastructure clients.
Your main responsibility will be to provide engineering expertise across all aspects of RF design, manufacture, assembly, test, and hardware certification, integration, and in-service support of our products. Our product portfolio includes a wide range of programs, addressing the important needs of our commercial, civil, and military customers.
You will be our go-to resource for Radar Systems Engineering, RF design (in the UHF (Ultra High Frequency) and VHF (Very High Frequency) bands), PCB design of RF circuits, antenna analysis and design (including the formulation of solutions for multibeam based systems), RF Signal Processing, Radar Cross-Section Analysis (RCS), and Electromagnetic Capability/Electromagnetic Interference (EMC/EMI).
Your prime responsibility is to support systems development and integration activities, including various analyses, reviews, testing, validation, and verification for our Defence Prime partners and direct customers.
You will manage full cycle development of embedded and RF electronics products, from idea to production.
Key responsibilities include:
- Full cycle of RF electronic products from idea to production development which includes integration of our products into host platforms or sites.
- Embedded and RF electronics products, from idea to production
- Support of systems development and integration activities, including various analyses, reviews, testing, validation, and verification
- Support for ongoing development projects and existing design improvements
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical/electronic engineering, or communications systems engineering or similar discipline.
- Experience in RF systems across varying frequency bands
- Experience with RF engineering design software tools
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Minimum 3 years' work experience as a RF Engineer
- Hands on experience with RF tools, test equipment, circuit design and evaluation
- Australian Citizenship
- NV1 (Negative Vetting 1) clearance or eligible for clearance Defence industry experience is highly desirable
- Desirable experience working in the field and/or conducting trials, preferably with responsibility for planning / management
Skills and qualifications we are looking for:
- An RF Engineer who is analytical and can easily foster great working relationships with fellow employees and our various customers.
- Experienced in end-to-end RF analysis and designs and comfortable working in the field conducting trials and customer demonstrations.
- Comfortable working with experimental and conceptual design phases.
- You are self-directed, organised and team oriented. You seek opportunities for design and process improvement and produce high quality technical documentation.
Silentium Defence is a growing deep-tech business shaping the future of Australia’s ground and space surveillance capability. We specialise in the development of passive radar solutions for Defence and civilian customers. But what are passive radar solutions, you ask?
Passive radar uses pre-existing sources of radio frequency energy (such as broadcast TV and radio waves), to track objects in an environment. It provides similar information to traditional radar systems but does not emit any RF signals. This means the user can maintain their situational awareness without advertising their presence. to ‘see without being seen’.
Our technology is a game changer and we’re on a mission to create a new era in surveillance. We have a highly skilled, high-performing collaborative team and are looking for people as passionate as we are to grow our business and make impact on a global scale. What drives us every day is knowing we’re a small part of a bigger picture to protect our incredible country and its critical infrastructure assets for many generations to come.
What we offer?
- Being a part of the development of world-leading technology and products
- Competitive salary package
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Team building events and monthly BBQs
- Comprehensive Training and Development Programme including technical, commercial, management and leadership training experiences
- Parental leave
- Birthday leave
- Flexibility to focus on career, family, and lifestyle
We are scaling up fast and need the “cream of the crop” to further develop our products and services.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career with impact that’s out of this world, access your next mission now by clicking the “Apply” button below or contact us at email@example.com
In-house • Permanent • Full-time • Associate
Silentium Defence is a growing deep tech business shaping the future of Australia’s ground and space surveillance capability. We specialise in the development of passive radar solutions for Defence and civilian customers. Our technology is a game changer for Defence and we’re on a mission to create a new era in surveillance. We have a highly skilled, high-performing collaborative team and are looking for people as passionate as we are to grow our business and make impact on a global scale. What drives us every day is knowing we’re a part of a bigger picture to protect our incredible country and its critical infrastructure assets for many generations to come.